MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

gguerra333 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:33:53 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

Groups: Registered

I started the app today. It would not start up saying "You must be logged in" etc. and would close automatically.

I recently had to reset my Amazon account, So I thought it may be related, so I made sure I was logged in through the Amazon shopping and Amazon appstore. It still would not start the app with the same message, so I uninstalled it and was attempting to re-install from Amazon appstore.

It is not seeing me as a paid user anymore, it states the price and I am wondering why I need to pay for it again.

So I installed the free version and it is working but what happened to my registration?

Edited by user Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:38:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
gguerra333 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2018 4:42:10 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

Bump??
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 5:52:40 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
The version on Amazon the app package name was in conflict with Google Play store Muzecast version. Amazon has changed policy some time ago, and finally I was force to change package name for the app. That revoked all purchases in Amazon database. Amazon did not transfer them.

I just set paid version on Amazon as FREE for limited time for all users, who bought original version of Muzecast with old package name to get paid version for free with new package name.

I will keep it free till next year.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2018 7:32:11 PM(UTC)
gguerra333

Thank you
gguerra333 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 4:10:44 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

Hello

It happened again. It appears that this is caused by the Amazon Appstore and the cause was a change of my password.

I did change it for security reasons but should it not let me continue and still use the app?

The message is "The user must be logged in to the Amazon Appstore to run this app".

If I log in then I still cannot run the app, the message is simply "The user must be logged in" and no mention of the Amazon Appstore which I know is the cause. I restarted the phone and still the same results.

If I don't log in, of course, the app stops and I cannot use it and no matter what I still cannot start it.

SO, the problem seems to be that a password change with Amazon breaks the app.

I can uninstall and reinstall (again) which will probably work but that deletes all of my downloaded songs.

Should it not at least let me use the app in offline mode?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by user Friday, December 21, 2018 4:24:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 4:20:07 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hmm, That is strange. Muzecast does not communicate with Amazon about permissions to run.

Maybe you still have old version of Muzecast installed, which is not longer active at Amazon.

Check if you have multiple Muzecast apps installed.

try to uninstall and install again from Amazon. It is still free.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 4:28:19 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

Thanks for the quick reply. I did edit my post to say that even if I log in now, the app will not start. It only asks me to login when I restart the phone and run it for the first time. I DO login to Amazon, enter the password but still the app will not start. I did uninstall the free version a couple of weeks back when this first happened so I know that is not the problem.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall which will probably work but just wanted to bring this to your attention. I assume the messages about logging in are coming from Amazon and not Muzecast?