MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

jwa1882 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2022 2:11:57 PM(UTC)
jwa1882

Groups: Registered

I have used Musecast for many years and have the paid version. It has always worked great, and I absolutely love it. The only issue I ever really had was the server would not start sometimes even if I tried to manually start it. This didn't really happen all that often, but a clean install always seemed to solve the problem. I don't remember if that is the reason for this particular issue or if I was trying to update to the latest version. It was months ago , but nomatte3r what I try I cannot get Musecast to install in my pc. I have made sure i have deleted all old files including temp files and have tried installing older versions, but I always get some error that the instillation was interrupted.

This is the current message I am getting :

Error 1001. An Exception occurred during the Commit phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and installation will continue. However, the application might not function correctly after installation is complete. --> Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' o...

When I hit "Ok", the installation stops and I get a new message that says:

The3 installation was interrupted before Muzecast Music Streaming Server could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

I don't know what else to try, but I really would love to have this program working again.

Please help!

Sponsor
nixius Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2022 9:45:54 PM(UTC)
nixius

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Are you still having this issue?
MeowMix Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 9:32:13 AM(UTC)
MeowMix

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This should be resolved. Happy day!
jwa1882 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 3:40:08 AM(UTC)
jwa1882

Nixius, yes I am. It still won't install. Keep getting the same message.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 19, 2022 3:22:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nixius Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2022 9:54:00 PM(UTC)
nixius

Error 1001 can be a few things, in my experience it's been because a damaged previous install has been modified in a weird way.

For example, muzecast is trying to untinstall the old version, but because something is unusual about it, it is failing. This could be due to malware or a vrius, so you may want to do a decent scan of your PC.

Which OS are you using?

Did you 'uninstall' the previous version, or did you just delete the files? Have you tried installing to a fresh folder?
jwa1882 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2022 4:38:23 AM(UTC)
jwa1882

I'm using windows 10. I just tried to let the installer update the previous version. Then I did uninstall the previous version and I think I might have had to even manually delete some remaining files. I have scanned with antimalware and antivirus. And I have tried installing in a fresh folder. Maybe there is some temporary file lingering somewhere?
nixius Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 2:31:39 PM(UTC)
nixius

Ok try uninstalling all instances so you know its 'gone'

Whats your network and pc setup look like?

I run my muzecast on a windows server vm. Do you have just your own win10 box? Do you have full admin rights etc?

Are you installing latest version?
jwa1882 Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2022 4:21:11 PM(UTC)
jwa1882

Originally Posted by: nixius Go to Quoted Post
Ok try uninstalling all instances so you know its 'gone'

Whats your network and pc setup look like?

I run my muzecast on a windows server vm. Do you have just your own win10 box? Do you have full admin rights etc?

Are you installing latest version?

1. I think I have done this already....maybe? I tried a third party uninstaller that found a ton of remaining files that I deleted. Control Panel would not let me unbinstal, but the 3rd party thing kinda did. If I open "services" it still showes "Muzecast Server Loader" and "Muzecast Service". I am unable to delete from there or get any details from services.

2. Not sure what you mean by what my network and pc look like?

3. I started running Muzecast on windows 7. Same PC eventually upgraded to 10 and it worked most of the time between windows updates and Muzecast updates. Sometimes Muzecast would put out an update and I would have to uninstall and reinstall (or maybe it just kinda stopped working, but this fixed it). The more recently (like over a year ago) that didn't really work, but if I tried to "uninstall" it would give me the option to "repair" which worked. None of those work arounds are woking for me anymore. Yes I have full admin rights.

4. I have tried the latest version as well as trying to install previous versions with hopes it would install and be upgradable.

Edited by user Friday, July 29, 2022 4:22:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nixius Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2022 1:29:33 PM(UTC)
nixius

Hmmm if the service still exists i think its worth explring the idea that the uninstalls have failed, and that could be blocking the reinstall.

You could try removing the services manually, i had a very very quick google and it seems straightforward, but done at your own risk. If you can't remove perhaps even a rename might work?
jwa1882 Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2022 4:34:39 AM(UTC)
jwa1882

I was able to remove the service by opening regedit and have run Ccleaner which found and removed a lot of other lingering files. I can't find any other traces of any previous installs and am still getting the same error when I try and install. :(
jwa1882 Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2022 5:09:59 AM(UTC)
jwa1882

I was able to remove the service by opening regedit and have run Ccleaner which found and removed a lot of other lingering files. I can't find any other traces of any previous installs and am still getting the same error when I try and install. :(
nixius Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2022 11:46:48 AM(UTC)
nixius

So you cant see muzecast services in services.msc anymore?
jwa1882 Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2022 6:32:07 PM(UTC)
jwa1882

So it looked like there were 2 ways I could remove it from services. One was through the command prompt and the other was through regedit. The command promt would not work as it couldn't find it. I was able to delete it by opening regedit, but it did still show up in services even if I hit refresh. If I restart the computer it is then gone from services.msc. But when I try and install again I get the same error message and it is put back in services. I removed it again, restarted and tried installing to a different folder and same thing. If I click on the Muzecast Server Loader and hit start I get an error message stating it cannot start it because it cannot find the file specified.
jwa1882 Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2022 4:58:38 PM(UTC)
jwa1882

I don't know what else I can try