MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

branches78 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 9:03:48 AM(UTC)
branches78

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was testing Muzecast with OneDrive since there is now a 100GB tier I want to subscribe to but I have a couple of questions and a suggestion before I make up my mind about switching:

Question:

1) Why hi-res FLAC files are transcoded to 44.1Khz/16bit despite the "FLAC Support" option is selected on "FLAC 24 bit 192 Khz"?

2) Does ReplayGain work when using OneDrive?, how can I scan the songs?

Suggestions:

In case a user wants to use the server and OneDrive at the same time, I notice everything is mixed up in the same interface, that is, songs of the same artist are repeated in its respective section, the only section that shows both servers separated is the "folders" section.

My suggestion would be to have an option to switch between servers and the interface to display only what's inside on the selected server.

Thank you.

Edited by user Saturday, September 5, 2020 9:32:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Forgot to add something.

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 5:48:15 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
I will check on Hir-Res files transcoding from OneDrive, as I understand it happens with OneDrive only.

ReplayGain could work with OneDrive only if values are stored in music file as tags. Muzecast does not scan OneDrive or Dropbox files to calculate replay gain, because it would require all files to be downloaded killing bandwidth and overall performance. You can build tags with ReplayGain for your files using 3rd party apps and once ReplayGain is stored in Tags, Muzecast can use these values to apply during streaming.

Neither OneDrive or Dropbox support CUE files. Also files, which have tags at the end of the file are not supported, such as APE files or ISO files.

It was the main idea of combining library from all source to unify the whole library.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
branches78 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 5, 2020 6:14:46 PM(UTC)
branches78

Quote:
I will check on Hir-Res files transcoding from OneDrive, as I understand it happens with OneDrive only.

Ok 👍🏼

Quote:
ReplayGain could work with OneDrive only if values are stored in music file as tags. Muzecast does not scan OneDrive or Dropbox files to calculate replay gain, because it would require all files to be downloaded killing bandwidth and overall performance. You can build tags with ReplayGain for your files using 3rd party apps and once ReplayGain is stored in Tags, Muzecast can use these values to apply during streaming.

You're right, I added the tags using dBpoweramp and they worked as you mentioned.

Quote:
Neither OneDrive or Dropbox support CUE files. Also files, which have tags at the end of the file are not supported, such as APE files or ISO files.

Understood.

Quote:
It was the main idea of combining library from all source to unify the whole library

What do you mean? if you haven't planned to split the libraries at least they should display an icon or something to better identify where they are located.

Thank you.
branches78 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2020 5:32:52 PM(UTC)
branches78

Thank you for fixing onedrive transcoding to 44.1Khz issue, I just hope you implement Google Drive support because as you said in the other post, onedrive downloads are very unstable.