MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

compuguide Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 2:21:52 AM(UTC)
compuguide

Groups: Registered

Hi Oleg,

At about 12:44pm, Friday July 5th I was not able to stream.

The App error log said: "failed to connect to www.homedj.net/71.175.31.194 (port 80) after 60000ms"

I also got a popup message saying something like it was possible the remote servers were down for maintenance.

The system is working fine now but I understood that as long as I was running the HomeDJ service on my desktop PC then I'd be good to go.

Does this mean that if your servers are down then Homedj stops working?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 9:10:36 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
My service is designed to work 24/7, but the week of 7/5 I was switching Internet provider configuration to bump speed up and new routers. I was trying to do it with no interruption of the service, but Verizon had failed to inform me about my service changes schedule and they accidentally broke my configuration without notifying me ontime.
They assured me that it will never happen again.

And yes, if my servers are down, then HomeDJ will work only in offline mode.

I have multiple redundancy on my servers, and now for Internet connection with more than one router as well, so it should be up 99.9%

HomeDJ Central servers are used to support Proxy mode where client PC can stream without firewall configuration as well as a central metadata provider. Also HomeDJ Central servers are resolving clients IP address based on user name and password.

I am planning to add another mode where HomeDJ will use only client's PC for metadata. But it would be possible only in direct mode (with firewall port forward) and supplying internet name of client's PC in HomeDJ Streamer Settings. In that case if my servers are down, HomeDJ will continue to work with no interruptions.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
 1 user thanked Muzecast Support for this useful post.
compuguide on 7/6/2013(UTC)
compuguide Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 11:56:14 PM(UTC)
compuguide

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Oleg Go to Quoted Post
... I am planning to add another mode where HomeDJ will use only client's PC for metadata. But it would be possible only in direct mode (with firewall port forward) and supplying internet name of client's PC in HomeDJ Streamer Settings. In that case if my servers are down, HomeDJ will continue to work with no interruptions.

Thanks for your detailed reply.
The offline mode, quoted above, is precisely what I'm looking for, not for day to day use, but for the longer term. One day you may get tired of HomeDJ and decide to move onto something different. In that case I would like to be able to continue to listen to my music - even if it means that I loose out on your excellent metadata.

Thanks for a great product