MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

robbnj Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 6:27:59 AM(UTC)
robbnj

Groups: Registered

'Wasn't sure exactly where to post this. Mods-please move if necessary.

So, I was using the PC/Desktop "My Muzecast" (Alpha version) this morning to listen to my home collection.
No problems.
After a few hours of listening, my son called to tell me we had not had internet service all morning.
I tried to remote-in to the PC that the music is on, and it had no internet connection.

How was I still listening to music being "streamed" from my PC if the PC was not connected to the internet? (Turns out my modem at home had no power).
I'm wondering if all those hours of the files being "prepared" when I installed the software was actually time where the files were being uploaded to a remote server.

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 2, 2018 1:09:13 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
From streaming logs, I see that you have been streaming from your computer from around 9AM to 5PM Eastern Time on Jan 2, 2018. Your computer was connected all the time during that time without any hiccups. These logs based on your Muzecast User name which you used to post this message. The latest saved log I have that your computer was connected since 4AM Jan 2nd 2018 Easter Time. Earlier logs were already removed.

I see your post was about 7 hours ago, so could you let me know what time frame you are referring to?
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
robbnj Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:55:49 AM(UTC)
robbnj

My son called me at 9:38AM CST on 1/2/18 to let me know the internet was not working.
To verify, I tried to do a remote login to the computer that has the music stored on it. My access software reported the computer was not connected to the internet.
My son checked the router and it was not powered up (power plug got knocked loose). He plugged it back in and home systems came back online.
No hiccups in listening to my music on the remote PC (running Windows, using the web-based application).
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:11:12 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Is Muzecast setup to use the same Muzecast UserName as you use to login to this forum? If yes, I see your computer was sending successful ping connection before and after that time.
Your computer lost connection at 2018-01-02 08:27 AM CST and connection was restored 2018-01-02 08:29 AM CST.

Around 2018-01-02 9:36 AM CST your computer was sending a song to a Muzecast streaming device (could be website or Android device) with success. Connection at 9:38 AM CST is reported OK.

That is all on January 2nd, 18.

There were no connection interruptions since then.

While playing via browser, Muzecast is streaming one song and preparing for a stream another. When another songs starts to play, Muzecast will start preparing next song, e.t.a. Website would not be able to stream a song if your computer was not connected, but logs suggests that connection was OK.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
robbnj Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:57:52 AM(UTC)
robbnj

Yes, my username and password for the forum are the same as for my Muzecast server software (I was under the impression that this was a must).
Well, if the computer showed a brief interruption and then resumed "contact", I can only guess that the timing was just right for me to try to remote-in to the computer and not get in, then for the stream to resume.
It would make sense that I might not notice an interruption of playback while on the phone with my son discussion the lack of internet service (I listen with headphones at my desk).
If only my timing were so good with the stock market!
Consider it a question answered, and I thank you for the quick response.

Two other questions if I may: I've noticed that some of the songs play silence for the duration of the song (the time indicator actually moves along as it should). I didn't think to take note of the specific songs, but will do so when it happens again .
All of my music is in either FLAC or MP3 format (MP3 from 128K-320K). Are there certain file parameters that could cause this?

Lastly, can the fade-in/out be adjusted on the desktop player? It's fairly aggressive and I'd like to eliminate it.

Thank you for your help, and thank you for Muzecast!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:58:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified