MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

nixius Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 3:15:19 AM(UTC)
nixius

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello,

TL;WR - After a very long full scan I still have 296 songs left to analyse, how can I find out why?

I recently moved all my music to a different machine to do my muzecast hosting, this is setup and functioning as expected. I have done a new full folder scan which took quite a while to complete with nearly 16k files.

My current status seems okay, it states I have 15726 songs. here is what i count in my folder:

FLAC: 521
M4A: 422
MIDI: 11
MP3: 14764
MP4: 96
OGG: 25

This totals 15839 which is a difference of 113. I can get to this number by adding MP4 files, 11 MIDI files and 6 failed songs from the Failed Songs log (failed due to duration not being failed in tags, no big deal I can sort that). I guess I will have to convert the MP4 and MIDI files to get them integrated (I get midi, I think I'm getting confused between MP4 and M4P).

After a full scan, I am left with 296 songs left to analyse. I have since run a Fast scan with no change. How can I get the last 296 songs to be analysed please?

TL;DR - After a very long full scan I still have 296 songs left to analyse, how can I find out why?

Thanks,
Adam

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 4:13:53 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Songs which are shorter then 20-30 seconds or longer then 45-60 minutes are skipped from Analysis.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
 1 user thanked Muzecast Support for this useful post.
nixius on 8/3/2017(UTC)
nixius Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 10:32:36 PM(UTC)
nixius

Hello,

Thanks for the speedy reply as always =)

I have used the alltracks.json file generated by muzecast to do some analysis of my files generated by muzecast itself.

According to this file, I have tracks:

<= 0s: 0
<= 20s: 395 ( <20s: 377)
<= 30s: 557 ( <30s: 543)
>= 30mins: 2
>= 45mins: 0
>= 60mins: 0

So I have a few questions, if you can help my understanding I'd appreciate it!

Why are songs <20-30 and >45m skipped at all?
If they are skipped intentionally would it be fair to say they should not be marked as "Left to analyse"?
What does skipping them actually achieve? Since they appear in alltracks.json with information they must have actually been analysed to know the duration anyway I would have thought
Since the tracks appear in Muzecast on the android app and the online alpha absolutely fine, what is actually being skipped?
Is there a way to include them in the analysis to appease my "everything must be okay and not left to do" personal issues I have :D?

Forgive me for seeming to be picky, I love this product and I have an inquisitive mind!
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:14:19 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Upcoming version of Muzecast Streaming Server will exclude songs which cannot be analyzed from the counter.

Here are exact reasons song cannot be analyzed:
If duration of the song is less than 15 seconds;
If duration of the song is greater than 5400 seconds;
If bitrate is reported wrong. Less than 32 kbps; (invalid header)
If song has some invalid sound blocks and analysis fails. (corrupted data within a song).
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
nixius on 8/3/2017(UTC)
nixius Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 11:46:33 PM(UTC)
nixius

I have 294 songs <= 15seconds, 0 songs >= 5400seconds and 0 songs with a bitrate of <= 32, which I guess leaves 2 songs that are corrupt somehow.

It would be nice if there was a log file to look over these things, especially if the failure is down to a corrupt file as I would like to have that fixed. The only scan issues I have are 6 "Failed Songs" where the duration cannot be found, there are apparently no Analysis errors.

When it comes to analysis, what is its primary function? is it for mixes etc? I'm wondering why songs <=15s are omitted at all.

I appreciate the on-going information and support =) (also when did the online alpha start? It's brilliant and if you need a user to help test it I'm game, being able to access my music on a non-android device has been on my wish list!)
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:00:35 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Short songs are skipped because there would be not enough music information to identify song style for mixes.
Long songs are skipped by MusicIP mixer. It is the rule of MusicIP and I have no control over it as well as for short songs.

Analysis are used for Mix creation, but Mix settings are set to Radio, Analysis are not used.
If Mix Settings are set to Auto, Analysis are used together with Last.FM. So if there is no analysis collected for a song, Last.FM can cover to find similar song.
If Mix Settings are set to any style from 1-5, only Analysis information is used.

Folder scan generates log files, but folder scan does not receive any information from MusicIP if song failed to get analyzed.

Edited by user Friday, August 4, 2017 12:55:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
nixius on 8/3/2017(UTC)
nixius Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 3, 2017 9:29:52 PM(UTC)
nixius

Thanks, that information is helpful.
Muzecast Support Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 12:56:22 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Corrected my post to fix typos.

Upcoming release of Muzecast Streaming Server will exclude un-analyzable songs from the counter.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
nixius on 8/4/2017(UTC)