MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

pageplantzoso Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 12:58:49 PM(UTC)
pageplantzoso

Groups: Registered

I've been using this service for quite sometime. I have more than half a million songs in my library. Everything was working fine until my Muzecast client was acting up. I decided to just create a new user account. I'm still using the exact same hardware, but now when I browse my folders on mobile, it takes FOREVER to load. I mean it takes 10+ seconds before I can see any folders. If I'm scrolling and I'm in the A's, when I scroll down, it takes 10+ seconds to scroll to the next 'page' of A's. This used to take maybe 2+ seconds. I have no idea what could be causing this issue. I use the exact same folder scanning options, with the same hardware, just a different username.

So I decided to create an even newer account (while still using the old one) on a different computer I had laying around. The same issue persists with my library.

I know the library is large but I never had this issue before. I'm basically having the SAME issue on two different server computers, one of which used to work just fine. All songs play normally, there are no other issues except every click on mobile takes 10+ seconds to process instead of the 2+ last week. I've had no change in ISP and no Internet issues on any devices on my network. My mobile device didn't have any updates and all other apps on my phone are working fine. This issue happens on both Wifi and Mobile data. I have smart phones laying around the house and I have the issue on all the devices when just last week everything worked fine. I have users I share my library with that experience the same issue that I have, when last week their mobile clients were also working just fine.

Edited by user Friday, March 24, 2017 1:00:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 5:53:51 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
I am looking into this issue. For now I see that response time of querying databases for your user is quite fast. I will look deeper to other traces. Have you tried to reboot your phone to see if there is general Phone model connection issue (slowness)? Or this is happening even when you connected via WiFi?

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 6:17:04 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Ok. I see response time for some database queries running quite long for your user. I also was getting alerts from hardware monitor on my end that one of the disk was about to go very bad and write time to that disk dropped to very low value. I am replacing that disk now and disk array is rebuilding. It will take several steps to rebuild that array with expansion, so after 2-3 hours from now, that array will be healthy again. I will monitor your response time after that.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
pageplantzoso Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 24, 2017 6:17:59 PM(UTC)
pageplantzoso

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Muzecast Support Go to Quoted Post
I am looking into this issue. For now I see that response time of querying databases for your user is quite fast. I will look deeper to other traces. Have you tried to reboot your phone to see if there is general Phone model connection issue (slowness)? Or this is happening even when you connected via WiFi?

I have restarted the phone several times and tried both the free and paid version of the app. The issue is the same regardless of wifi/mobile data.
Muzecast Support Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2017 9:16:07 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

You should see much better response time now.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.