MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

richardalan1 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 11:39:00 AM(UTC)
richardalan1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is there an FAQ on the above. Just wondering so I can the best settings
Thanks
Rich
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:29:13 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Muzecast is using MusicIP mixer to mix songs which are close in style. MusicIP has to scan songs (process mipcore.exe) to create song fingerprint (760 bytes) and song style data (about 160 bytes). Musecase has 3 modes for song scanning:

Full - each new song is scanned and analyzed. If song fingerprint is already in Muzecast database based on a song fingerprint, analysis data is retrieved from database instead of scanning the whole song.

Normal - each new song is checked in Muzecast database by song tags, and if database has song analysis for these tags, song is not scanned. If information is not in database, song is scanned;

Fast - each new song is checked in Muzecast database by song tags, and if database has song analysis for these tags, song is not scanned.

Muzecast creating MIX based on this song analysis data using MusicIP. There are 5 modes for mixing song using Song Analysis from Strongly Prefer similar song styles to less prefer.

Muzecast also using another method of mixing songs using Last.FM Similar Artist API. If Muzecast Mix mode is set to Radio Mode, Muzecast is using only Last.FM information about song similarity by Artist. Last.FM might return list of artists which are similar to a playing song, but your library might not have some artists, Last.FM returning. Muzecast finds any artists which is matching list of artists returned by Last.FM and using random song for each Artist found to add it to a mix.

Auto mode is combination of mixing songs using Song Analysis data created by MusicIP and Last.FM information.

I personally use Auto mode. If Mix gets songs, I think is not quite similar to the style of the mix I am expecting, I thumb this song down, and if I decide that the whole Artists or Genre should not be in that mix, I check the boxes to remove Artist or Genre from the mix while I am thumb song down. In that case that Artist or Genre will not be added to the current MIX anymore.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
richardalan1 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:31:53 PM(UTC)
richardalan1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for that.