MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

funks Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:04:02 AM(UTC)
funks

Groups: Registered

I have noticed that sometimes when an album has multiple disc numbers, Muzecast displays the discs as separate albums with the same title, artwork, and artist. This is not consistent, there are some multiple disc albums that correctly display as a single album with tracks sorted correctly by disc/track number.

My guess is that if the discs are in different FOLDERS, Muzecast is displaying as different albums, even though the tags should indicate they are part of the same album. If there is a way to correct this that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by user Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:05:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
funks Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 7:29:43 AM(UTC)
funks

I notice this issue continues after several recent updates. Is there hope for a fix? Thanks
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 11:37:45 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Because different disk of the same Album are located in different folders, there are separate items in the Album list. I am working on adding an option for Album Name merge for multidisk albums, but it is taking a little bit more time.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 11:45:30 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Also I am not sure it would be convenient to merge all songs from all disk under the same Album title. Would you agree if for multidisk albums, Album Name will have (n) added to a Album name if it is disk 2,3 or n, and disk #1 will not have Album Name altered?
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
funks Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:52:27 AM(UTC)
funks

Thank you for your reply. The situation I have is, for example, if there is are tracks from the same album in two different folders, I have tagged them with the same album artist, album title, and artwork. In my PC music player (MusicBee) it displays as one album, but in MuzeCast it looks like two different albums with the same album artist, title, and artwork. For multi-disc albums, I would think it would still show as one album if artist/title tags are the same, with track list sorted by disc number? Of course I could try to resolve this by rearranging files in source folders, but with 117,000+ songs this does not seem worth the effort, especially since MusicBee is organizing the tracks correctly using the tags.
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:34:07 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Ok.

This change would not required any updates to any Muzecast client software - player or Streaming Server. All changes will be done on Muzecast Central Server and it processing metadata during Folder Scan.
Once I apply a fix to a Central Server, I will post in this thread that changes have been applied and you would have to run folder scan to apply changes to your metadata.

For now all songs from different disk will be merged into a single Album and sorted by track number.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 6:42:03 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

I run fixed process to apply a fix for your metadata.

DO NOT YET RUN FOLDER SCAN.

Please verify that the Album data looks the way you are expecting and if you are OK with data, and I will publish this fix to production.

After that you can run folder scan if you want to add, remove or change songs.

If you run Folder Scan before I publish fix to production your metadata will be returned to the way it was before (without merged albums).
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
funks Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:14:19 AM(UTC)
funks

Thank you for the fast update. I was actually in the process of running a folder scan when I saw this message... I have now stopped the scan.

Maybe this is why I'm still seeing the duplicate albums both on app and desktop... for example, if you can access my library, check out artist albums for Penguin Cafe Orchestra.

(I cannot figure out how to attach a screen shot to this message or I would?)

Thanks

Muzecast Support Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2015 12:52:14 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

I just updated your metadata with a fix. Take a look if Albums with multiple disks are displayed correctly.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
funks Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 10:33:49 AM(UTC)
funks

Hello,

I'm afraid I am still seeing duplicate albums even when they share the same album title and album artist. For example see albums "Wagner: Die Meistersinger von Nuernberg" and "Miles at the Fillmore: The Bootleg Series, Volume 3".