MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

gguerra333 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 3:03:56 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

Groups: Registered

Muzecast will randomly stop playback on whatever playlist I am playing.

For example if I select a folder, genre or imported playlist and select "Play" or "Shuffle" it will play the songs one by one but every now and then will stop playing. It will reach the end of a song and just stop. The "Play" button still shows the double line (pause) but it will just stop. I then need to press "Next" to keep the playlist going and it will continue playing. This is random and I have not noticed any pattern to it.

Another issue I have is that if I have the App running and the phone is locked and the screen is turned off, sometimes it will start playing all by itself. I am not even touching the phone, it will start playing. This does not happen very often but it has happened 4 or 5 times in a the last few weeks. In order to prevent this I have to shut down the app completely. It seems this has started with the latest OS upgrade (Lollipop).

Thanks
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 7:12:02 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Random failure to play next song is fixed and will be published in the next release.

Random playback startup - do you have any Bluetooth device connected, such as smart watch? There is no functionality to start playback automatically by either connecting headphones, or Bluetooth. The only place where it can start/resume playback if there was a notification while playing. Playback stops and then resumes after notification.

I will check that part of the code more closely. Will see if upcoming release will not have this issue.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 8:12:12 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

The only Bluetooth I use is in the car and this happens inside of my house. Also, nobody is actually touching the phone, it is just sitting on my table with the screen turned off. Also no headphone are being plugged in. I also use an app that will automatically turn off BT after 10 min of no use. Next time it happens I will check on the BT to see if it running. This is not a big deal for me as all I need to do is close the app but seems a bit weird and I thought I would mention it to you.. Thanks
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:00:23 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Please let me know if this is still happening in version 5.5.0.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:54:50 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

I had not even noticed but it seems I running a slightly older version (5.1.3). I originally purchased through Amazon App store and when I go there I do not see the option to "upgrade". I only see "Open" so it seems it will not let me update through Amazon. When I go through play store under the free version it says "Installed" and under the payed version I can buy for $3.99..

Are you still providing the app through Amazon? I cannot seem to get updates through them..
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2015 9:59:47 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Do you have autoupdate turned on for Amazon Store? It usually takes several days for Amazon to update apps. If not, please contact Amazon store support. I am posting updates to both Amazon and Google stores at the same time.

You can also try to uninstall Muzecast and try to install it again from Amazon store. Make sure Amazon store shows latest version as 5.5.0.

Amazon store and Google store do not share purchase history.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 9:53:21 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

After a couple of days of trying the new version of the app it is still happening. It still stops playback. I press next and it keeps going. I have not been able to find a pattern as to when it does this. I have noticed another thing, which may or may not be related. The elapsed time of the track stays at 0:00 even though the song is playing. I had already seen this with previous release but did not mention it.
Muzecast Support Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 1:26:18 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Playback stoppage happens when you play Shuffled list or Mixed list.

There are 2 modes:
1. gapless and playback is without gaps between songs when you are playing without Shuffle and list is not a Mix.
2. Crossfade mode when list is played as Shuffled or a Mix.

In which case playback stops?
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:20:25 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

The stoppage happens with both. When I "shuffle" a folder/playlist or just "play" a folder/playlist. I never do a Mix, only folders or Imported playlists.

By "gapless" do you mean crossfade enabled?

It does it with both crossfade enabled or disabled.
Muzecast Support Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 3:35:33 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Did you upgrade to stock Lollipop or custom ROM or rooted?

If you enable Developer Settings in Android Settings, does Developers Settings have any option to select what kind of internal player is used?

For example in Samsung Lollipop there is a new option to select NuPlayer or AwesomePlayer while NuPlayer is experimental and sometimes have a few issues (not the same as yours though).

I am not sure if similar option available for your device.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gguerra333 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2015 4:22:46 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

Stock Lollipop (Motorola).
gguerra333 Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:07:15 AM(UTC)
gguerra333

I was taking a road trip and I used the app this past weekend for close to 8 hours. The playback stops only happens when I "Play" a folder/playlist. It does not happen when I "shuffle"..

Still don't know what is causing it but that may give you a clue.