MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

willow147 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 9:05:47 PM(UTC)
willow147

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I've just stumbled across this fantastic piece of software and have been playing around with it a little.

My main/only purpose of using Muzecast is to be able to stream my music from my own network to another device on my own network, I don't want to be able to stream to a remotely connected device (i.e. my phone). Is it possible to configure the software so that my music can't go out into the big wide world of the web.

Thanks for any help
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 8:03:01 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Configure Muzecast Startup option to run as Service (Start when computer boots). When it set to run as service, it have more chances to start its only services to listen to local network requests. You an change Start up option in Muzecast Configurator "Startup" tab.

Configure your device Muzecast to stream over WiFi connection only.

Check Muzecast device Settings "My Home Computer" section and make sure it shows your home network local IP address and port you selected in Service URL item.

If you need more protection for not letting any music to be streamed over the Web, I would have to add a new option in Muzecast Server, something like: Local Mode Only.

But with this option, you will be able to stream only to Android powered devices. Using (now Alpha version) Web interface would not work in "Local Mode Only" mode.

"Local Only Mode" I can add in upcoming version of Muzecast Streaming Server.

But metadata about your music files still will be sent to central server database. It is sent in encrypted format.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
willow147 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 10:24:54 AM(UTC)
willow147

Groups: Registered

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have set Muzecast to start "When my computer starts" which means, as is says, that it starts as a service.

My preference would be to build the 'Local Only' mode configuration into the server. that way it only needs setting once instead of having to configure each client independently (selfishly, my own personal situation is that I will only be using Android to stream the music).