MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

ItsEman Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 11:18:42 AM(UTC)
ItsEman

Groups: Registered

Hey I just downloaded Muzecast last night since I lost my iPod. I have a huge music collection on a portable hard drive (about 800 GBs, a few hundred thousand songs) that I wanted to access through my phone while at work. I tried scanning the hard drive through my laptop last night, and it froze up at around ~3200 songs. It didn't literally freeze but no progress at all was made after that, and I waited about an hour. Thinking it might have been the USB port, I switched ports and let it run overnight. It only added about ~1000 more songs, and that was within the first few minutes. After that and while I slept overnight no more progress was made. This afternoon I hooked up the hard drive to my desktop computer, and switched the cable from my hard drive, and tried again. Same story. Hopefully you'll be able to help me figure this out. I'm really hoping I'm just having an issue with the software, I would be devastated if it was an issue with my physical hard drive, as I've spent years collecting this music.
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2015 2:27:48 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Check Muzecast Startup option in Configurator Startup Tab.

If it is set to "Start when computer boots", try to change it to "When you sign in to your computer".

Let me know if this did not help.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
 1 user thanked Muzecast Support for this useful post.
ItsEman on 1/23/2015(UTC)
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:53:31 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Could run Check Disk on your USB drive? From logs it looks like Folder Scan is getting stuck while trying to get list of files from your External drive.

Make sure you check "Auto fix errors" when you Checking the disk using Windows Utility.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
 1 user thanked Muzecast Support for this useful post.
ItsEman on 1/23/2015(UTC)
ItsEman Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 7:37:04 AM(UTC)
ItsEman

Hey, I think it was a combination of my hard drive and switching to "When you sign in to your computer". I tried a different hard drive first and was having the same issue, then used your advice from the first post and let it run for a few hours, and I got the majority of my library from that hard drive into Muzecast. Thanks a lot for the support and the quick response and follow up, I really appreciate it! Amazing software and just what I needed after my ipod went missing!
Muzecast Support Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 7:49:26 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

You can still try to use another Startup Option, but you have to set permissions for folders located on your external drive to let Windows Build-in account called: SYSTEM to access files on that drive. When Startup option is set to start after computer boots, Muzecast service runs under Windows Build-in account SYSTEM. If that account does not have access to files, Muzecast will not be able to scan that folder.

Also I had not a pleasant experience with Seagate external drives 3GB and up. I am not sure what brand you are using, but Seagate external drives overheated quite often and all my 3 external Seagate 3GN USB3 drives went crashing and ended up in trashcan after multiple RMAs.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
ItsEman Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 7:58:32 AM(UTC)
ItsEman

Yes actually both hard drives are Seagate. Ironically the working one (320GB) I've had for a couple years longer than the nonworking one (1TB). I think my issue is resolved though, the few songs that didn't show up on Muzecast were m4a files, and I'm converting them to mp3 right now and will rescan them afterwards, and I'm sure I'll be good after that. Thanks again!
Muzecast Support Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 8:08:17 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

m4a files suppose to be supported unless they are DRM protected.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.