MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

risk87105 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 5:30:46 PM(UTC)
risk87105

Groups: Registered

I have a bluetooth stereo in my car so I decided to give the app the roadtest to see how it worked and it worked flawlessly! I admit I was skeptical about the downloading aspect of the app but I definitely see the value in it. I got song playback in areas Iwwouldn't have recieved with audiogalaxy due to poor internet connection. The problem I have is when I turn my stereo and car off; the app stays connected to the blutooth connection in my stereo causing there to be no sound on my phone with the app playing. I either have to turn off the blutooth on my phone or restart the app n order to hear the music on my phone again. I usually turn off my blutooth anyway on my phone for security reasons anyway but I see how this can be annoying for some people.
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 6:50:16 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
HomeDJ is just using Bluetooth stack of Android. It does not manipulate any Bluetooth connection.
It catches the signal when audio is becoming noisy, meaning, that headphone is disconnected. This is standard Android signal.

With Bluetooth it is a different story. Before I had in my car Bluetooth audio receiver, and any device, connected to this device was still connected even if I turn the car off, because Bluetooth receiver was still ON via cigarette lighter. So my phone (either iPhone or Android) were still connected to that receiver until I walked away too far or explicitly turn Bluetooth off on my phone. I have another car now where when I turn the car off, the Bluetooth of the car not only turning itself off, but also sends PAUSE command to the phone, so playback stops right away. If it would not send PAUSE command, playback would stop anyway, because Android would send a signal "Audio is noisy". This signal is sent when audio has to switch to a speaker in either case: Bluetooth is disconnected, or headphone is disconnected.

I am trying to say, that Bluetooth receiver of your car keeps itself on, forcing connected device to it continue to be connected, even if you turn your car off. Some cars do it to keep speaker phone ON for some period of time.

But in any case, I will try to see if there anything could be done. May be I could catch signals from Bluetooth if Media connection is gone (I hope there is a signal like this in Android).

Did you have the same issues with other players and Bluetooth? If not, then my app has missed something and I have to add it, meaning that this is a bug.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
risk87105 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 10:17:43 PM(UTC)
risk87105

Groups: Registered

Yeah my other apps never had this issue; I was playing around with it more and noticed that I actually have to power down my phone and not just turn off blue tooth or close down the app. I also noticed that if I skip the track i was playing in the car that the other tracks work; just not the song that was playing when i shut off the ca. y stereo does have it to where it pauses the track so maybe that could be the reason as well. sorry for the late reply; I was hanging out with some friends and lost track of time.