MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

Bonzai Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:09:46 PM(UTC)
Bonzai

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It would appear as though my shared content is only available for a period of up to 30 days according to this setting. Is this something I need to concern myself with having paid for the pro version?
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 2:12:39 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Are you looking for an option not to make shared song to expire?
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Bonzai Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, July 25, 2014 9:58:19 AM(UTC)
Bonzai

Well, I'm not entirely sure. After thinking about it, I realized I'm really not 100% on what shared songs are. Are they the library of music I'm able to share with people I invite, are they songs I choose to share with someone whom I haven't invited? A more precise definition is in order to answer your response.

I have, however, run across another issue (and believe me there aren't many with this spectacular piece of programming). It seems that when I add music to my library the server doesn't seem to pick up on it without a full-on folder scan. For many, that may not be too big a deal, but my library is over 500 gb and these scans take some time. Is there anyway, like a setting or adjustment that can be made, for the server to constantly monitor my folder? If there isn't yet, I'm sure the brilliant people behind this program will figure it out soon. Just thought I'd check
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:56:32 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

There are 2 types of sharing:

1. You can share a single song with anyone via Facebook, SMS, email, or any other Android sharing technique.
When you share a song, it can be played via Web interface and does not require registration to access it.
This song sharing can expire based on HomeDJ Settings for song sharing.
Song can expire from 7 to 30 days depending on a settings you had before you shared a song.

2. You can invite a friend to access you entire HomeDJ library. This kind of sharing does not expire, but it requires your friend to be registered and install HomeDJ Streamer/Player on their mobile device. You can set permission to let your friend download songs or prevent your songs to be downloaded. If you allow song download while inviting a friend, your friend will have full access to your library except, they will not be able to see status of your computer or start Folder Scan.
If you denied song download, your friend will have 5 song cache limit and will not be able to download songs to play them offline. It is recommended to send invitation via email and not SMS, because some SMS providers or devices can cut SMS message to a limit of 70 characters, and URL which was sent in Invite could be invalid. Registration is implemented for a reason to let users have access to other users libraries without revealing their passwords or user names, and let friend create their own user name and password to access the same library. You can delete or change user permissions in HomeDJ Configurator. Invited users will have their own space for playlists, and Favorite songs statistics.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Bonzai Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:56:05 AM(UTC)
Bonzai

Thank you so much for your swift and thorough response. As with everything else regarding this program, this forum is top notch. As for my other question, is the configuration utility supposed to continually scan and add my new music or, and I don't mind too terribly if this is the case, do I need to run a manual folder scan every time I add music in order for it to show up in the Android app?
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:59:41 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

For continues or modification triggered folder scan I will see what can be done. From past experience and I see it might be true, that with so many different configuration and computer performance it might create some problems for users with memory, CPU utilization and constantly having open handles to network resources if music is located on a network share.

But I will give it another try.

You can schedule "libscan.exe" to run overnight.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Bonzai Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:17:02 AM(UTC)
Bonzai

Once again, you have managed to fully answer my question more quickly and thoroughly than I even expected. I completely understand your concerns with such a feature and there is zero confusion as to why it hasn't been implemented. I do run the "libscan.exe" routinely, and the only reason I posed the original question is because of the sheer size of my music library and the amount of time it takes to run a full folder scan. Thank you for your complete explanation and keep up the good work!
Muzecast Support Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:38:00 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Usually when you add some songs to your library, Folder scan (even it scans everything) should detect changes fairly quickly and within 5-15 minutes you should be able to play added songs even if Folder Scan is still running.

Folder Scan has several stages:
1. Discover all files in configured folders. Should be quick and speed depends on disk/network speed where songs are located. Average performance is 5000-20000 per second.
2. Filter discovered files for only music files. It is a quick step. But takes a little bit longer, because it is reading files time stamps. Speed is about 1000-5000 songs per second.
3. Build internal databases by creating file pointers in HomeDJ\Libraries\MyLibrary folder. While creating or updating file pointers, Folder scan keeps pushing metadata to be available every 2 minutes. At this point new songs will become available for playback. This step reads each song metadata and creates or updates file in the local database. If file did not change, it is skipped. Speed is about 100-1000 songs per second.
4. Analyzing all songs for dynamic playlist (MIX) generation. This does not affect song availability. It only affects if song can be mixed or not. But it still can be played. This step is the longest step and depends on settings for a Scan mode and if song fingerprint was collected before. Speed could be from 5 song per second to 1 song per minute.

Please let me know if it takes longer.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.