MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

Muzecast Support Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 9, 2014 7:46:30 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 139 post(s)
HomeDJ will only recognize changes to your music library when Folder Scan was started and scanned your library.

You can add or remove folders from HomeDJ Configurator only when Folder Scan is not running, that is why you see buttons to add or remove folders disabled. If you see these buttons disabled, just click the button "Stop Scan" to stop Folder Scan. Once folder scan is stopped, these buttons will become enabled and you will be able to configure new folders or remove configured folders.

Q: I added or removed folders in HomeDJ Configurator. What should I do?
A: You have to start Folder Scan. In about 1 to 10 minutes you will see changes;

Q: I added new files to my library, but I do not see these files appeared. What should I do?
A: When you make changes to files in your library but either adding, changing tags, renaming, or deleting files from the library, run Folder Scan for HomeDJ to pick up those changes.
PLEASE NOTE: If Folder Scan was already running, while you were doing changes to your library, STOP FOLDER SCAN and RESTART IT again once you finished with your changes to the library.

Q: I added files and ran folder scan but my files still did not appear. What is wrong?
A: If after running folder scan files still did not appear on your device, please check folder HomeDJ\Libraries on your home computer. There are 2 files you can check:

scanerrors.txt and builderrors.txt to see if files you are looking for were reported as failed.

There are other *txt files.

allfiles_[encryptedsctring].txt will list all files found in the folder.
files_[encryptedstring].txt will list all files, which were filtered by supported file extension;
filestoprocess.txt will list files, which folder scan will process.

Q:I configured one folder to be scanned, but I see another folder, which I did not configure is getting scanned as well. What is wrong?

A: If you have a playlist M3U in one of the folders and this playlist contains song from another folder, that "another" folder will be automatically scanned even if it is not configured in HomeDJ Configurator.

This is done to make sure playlist import is not going to miss any songs and users do not have to check every playlist they have to know what folders they have to add to HomeDJ Configurator.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:12:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:08:47 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Q: I configured one folder to be scanned, but I see another folder, which I did not configure is getting scanned as well. What is wrong?

A: If you have a playlist M3U in one of the folders and this playlist contains song from another folder, that "another" folder will be automatically scanned even if it is not configured in HomeDJ Configurator.

This is done to make sure playlist import is not going to miss any songs and users do not have to check every playlist they have to know what folders they have to add to HomeDJ Configurator.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:14:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
ro5nwndsm
#3 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 5:23:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified
ro5nwndsm
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 12:04:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: Not specified