MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

robgmn Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 4:41:25 AM(UTC)
robgmn

Groups: Registered

I have noticed that certain albums show up in album view "split" as if they are multiple albums. It is often when the album has multiple artists and is a compilation, but not always.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how the split occurs. I just saw one album that has 16 songs. Three of them were split off to be "another" album.
This happens with the desktop software on a PC, but also when using Android phone from several mfgrs. The free app, but I donated b/c this is a handy little service at Christmastime for my long-distance family.

Anyone else notice this? I tried to search for the topic, but any search I do that has more than one word comes back as "no results". Using single-word searches, I might as well read the entire help forum, lol
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2020 4:56:51 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Please let me know which album has an issue or which songs have an issue and I will check the tags or errors.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
robgmn Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 20, 2020 8:39:45 AM(UTC)
robgmn

There are quite a few, but early on in the list (sorted alphabetically by album): "A Christmas Collection - Jazz To The World"; "A Christmas Gift - Various Artists"; A Jazz Christmas - Hot Jazz For A Cool Night"; "A Jazzy Telarc Christmas - Various Artists"; "A Rock 'n' Roll Christmas - Various"; "Carols and Candlelight - Various" (ripped and tagged from a homemade CD that was manually tagged with JRiver).

Almost every file I have has been ripped by and/or tagged by JRiver Media Center, going back as far as version 15.
If you find any consistencies in the file tagging errors that could be fixed by a batch process, I'm all ears. I have some familiarity with several programs, including MP3tag, JRiver Media Center, MediaMonkey, foobar, and a few others. I also have no problem getting what i need and learning how to use it as necessary.

Thank you!

Rob G in MN
robgmn
robgmn Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2020 4:49:33 AM(UTC)
robgmn

***UPDATE***
I think I found what may be causing it after trying to look for problems with the tagging: My music storage drive forces me to have multiple folders with the files stored in them. I can't just dump all files to the root of the drive or even have all of them in just one subfolder. The first album I checked (Jazz To The World) is split between two folders. It just so happens that songs 5, 7, & 12 are in a separate folder from the rest on my storage drive. They are separated that way in the Muzecast app and the in the web browser view too.

I guess the question now is: Do I have to re-organize my storage so that all songs from any given album reside in the same subfolder on my storage drive (so that they will show up as a single album in Muzecast)?

robgmn Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2020 6:45:28 PM(UTC)
robgmn

Any guesses from support?
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2020 12:47:06 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
That is a correct finding. The folder path is used to create a unique id for an Album in case if the same Album is located in multiple folders, so it will appear as a separate Album. The reason for that was that a lot of users, including myself have the same album in different quality, let's say in SACD and just plain FLAC. In that case, both Albums appear with the same name.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
 1 user thanked Muzecast Support for this useful post.
robgmn on 12/26/2020(UTC)