MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

robbnj Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:10:01 AM(UTC)
robbnj

Groups: Registered

Help! I've been trying to get playlists to work for two days
What I've done:
1. Created a playlist in m3U format from JRiver; exported playlist to the root Muzecast folder and a copy in each Playlist subfolder (just to be safe) on my PC.
2. Deleted the update.pll and re-scanned folders (via a command prompt AND from the Muzecast Config utility) to get it to "see" the playlists. Multiple times.
3. Waited overnight for it all to sync up (like the old days of updating a website via FTP)
4. Updated the Muzecast software on my PC (running Win 10 if it matters).
5. Deleted the Android app and reinstalled it.

*Playlist sync is enabled on Android phone. Max playlist size is set to 5,000. Phone shows it is connected to my server.

*Update* If I create a playlist on the phone, it keeps and even shows up int he PC software directory. It's a pain, but at least it's something. Maybe I can open the file on the PC and edit it. 'Wonder if the changes will show on the phone?

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:58:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Update

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:08:06 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
I am investigating...
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:33:40 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

I see one imported playlist. The problem is that playlist has invalid path to the songs.

Here is one line from that playlist:
D:\\Al Hirt - ******.flac

As you see it has "D:\\", which is invalid.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:34:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
robbnj Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:56:33 AM(UTC)
robbnj

Thank you for checking into it! Here's what I have figured out so far by testing:

If I create a playlist on my personal phone, it migrates to the software on my computer and is almost immediately also available on my work phone (each device is on a completely separate network - home internet, AT&T cellular, Verizon cellular).

Any playlist that is created or modified on my PC does not show up on either of my phones no matter how many times I refresh the Muzecast server or the phone itself.
Do playlists only migrate in one direction (from the phone app "up" to the PC), or can they also be made to migrate from PC to phone?

Also, I looked at the text of the playlist you referenced and can't find the one with the double slash after the "D" or ANY that are listed with a double slash (that playlist was created on my phone and is actually working fine). What I DID find that was weird is that it references files in my recycle bin, that I never added to the playlist while updating it on the phone.
Odd.
I also have noticed that when I delete a playlist from the phone, it remains on the PC (which makes me think there is only a one-way update). If it helps your troubleshooting, I created a playlist named "OLEG TEST PLAYLIST" on the phone that migrated to the PC within 30 seconds.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:13:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: new info

Muzecast Support Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:30:28 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Here is how playlists are getting synchronized.

Muzecast Configurator has setting called: Store Playlists in this folder
That setting identifies folder where playlist created in Muzecast app will be saved to. Any modification of these playlists in this folder will not be reflected in Muzecast app. (That feature is planned to be implemented in a near future)

Playlists stored in any folder or subfolder configured in Muzecast Folder List will be imported into Muzecast database and visible in Muzecast Playlist screen IMPORTED tab. Any modification to these playlists in these folder will be reflected in Muzecast app once Folder scan is started.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
robbnj Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:42:12 AM(UTC)
robbnj

OK, so it's not a "problem", it's just the software working the way it is currently programmed.
Thank you for clearing that up!

"Playlists stored in any folder or subfolder configured in Muzecast Folder List will be imported into Muzecast database and visible in Muzecast Playlist screen IMPORTED tab. Any modification to these playlists in these folder will be reflected in Muzecast app once Folder scan is started."
Is this what will happen in a future update?

Excellent app. Will be getting the pro version!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:51:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Muzecast Support Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 7:37:32 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Originally Posted by: robbnj Go to Quoted Post
"Playlists stored in any folder or subfolder configured in Muzecast Folder List will be imported into Muzecast database and visible in Muzecast Playlist screen IMPORTED tab. Any modification to these playlists in these folder will be reflected in Muzecast app once Folder scan is started."
Is this what will happen in a future update?

That is what happening now. Muzecast Configurator Folder tab has Folder List and Text box where you enter just a single folder where device playlists are stored.

Playlists in the path, configured by "Folder List" will be imported into Muzecast and will appear in IMPORTED tab of Playlist screen.
Playlists stored on device, will be saved into a folder configured in Muzecast Configurator "Store Playlists in this folder" text box.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.