MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

brenden Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:50:06 PM(UTC)
brenden

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am a little new to this community so sorry if this is a really obvious question. I recently noticed that some of my albums were not tagged correctly (for example some artist title contained "the" while others didn't). I used mp3tag to modify tags and make sure everything is in order. But when I browse my music on the android app it is still showing the incorrect previous tags. I have tried clearing my app data and cache, re-scanning my folder, deleting the "library" folder in the install folder, scanning on both full and fast, un-checking the "use folder structure"option, and even re-registering. But every time when I open up it still has the wonky tags. Is there another program I should be using to write my tags? Does Muzecast not even use the tags to populate data? Is there a way to refresh the tags that it is using to display on my phone?

Thanks so much for your help!

Edited by user Monday, March 12, 2018 12:30:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:07:44 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
mp3tag has an option not to update file date when modifying tags. Muzecast is using file data to identify if metadata was changed. Please, enable mp3tag to update file data while modifying tags and Muzecast will pickup a change.

Also, leading "The" and "A " are not included in Artist Sort. The same will be done for Albums and Songs in one of the upcoming releases.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
brenden Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:19:24 PM(UTC)
brenden

Where is this option located? On the far right there is a column "modified" and the date there changes to today's date when I modify the files. Is there some way ID3 tags are interfereing with the vorbis tags? I also tried "easytag" and nothing seems to be working for me. In both easytag and mp3tag the tags display perfectly, exactly as I want them. But when I go into the android app to browse music they are all wrong. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong so the tags in the tools are different than the tags in muzecast. I have tried fast and full scans to pick up the changes. I even moved all the music and changed the directory to rescan and still nothing. Is there a way to remove all of the old data from muzecast and just rescan from scratch? Thanks
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:09:07 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Please give me an example for one of the Album, or Artist, or Song where tags are incorrect and I will try to trace it down where the issue is.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
brenden Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:39:37 AM(UTC)
brenden

Hi,

For example I have a Led Zeppelin album "Coda" but the album is displaying "The complete Studio" (I think it is too long to display and the full would be "The complete Studio Recordings - Coda" or something similar. I rewrote the tags to just display "Coda" but it hasn't worked. This is actually happening for all albums by Led Zeppelin.

Another example is I have a number of albums by "The Black Keys" but two are being displayed as a separate artist "Black Keys". When viewing the tags in different programs they all display correctly as a single artist "The Black Keys"

Thanks for your extra effort to figure this out!
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 2:59:55 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Could you send me just one file which has tags messed up and I will check what kind of tags that file has and see if Muzecast is picking up wrong tags from that file.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
brenden Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:15:37 AM(UTC)
brenden

What email address or Dropbox can I use to send you?
Muzecast Support Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 4:38:40 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:57:10 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

You do not have to send any files. Please check if there is .CUE file in the folder where your files are located. Tags are picked up from a CUE file as a priority.

Sometimes there is CUE file which has tags for a single file. You would have to edit CUE file to change tags, or if CUE file has INDEX record per track and single file per track, you can delete cue file. If you delete such CUE file, tags will be read from track file.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
brenden Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:51:43 PM(UTC)
brenden

Bingo! That was the fix. I knew it was something simple I was missing. I really appreciate your above and beyond service, thanks a lot!!!