MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

MFSuspect Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 12:04:44 PM(UTC)
MFSuspect

Groups: Registered

I have a music database with a size of about 1 TB.

Muze Config says i have 101k songs which is at least 20k less than what i know i have -- where they at? Error log only shows a few dozen entries.

Besides denoting the number of cores that can be used, would it be possible to add a feature to also adjust Priority?

When Configurator is working, it routinely shuts itself down every 30-40 minutes and i have to restart the app.

Also, Validation process is VERY slow.

Edited by user Saturday, November 18, 2017 12:05:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 3:56:22 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Configurator does not have to be opened for Folder Scan to run. It is just displaying status of background processes.

About songs. I will investigate if there are any errors picking up all the songs and will let you know if any fixes needed.

Validation process has to scan songs, which were not recognized by tags to create unique fingerprint to be used for "Create Mix" functionality.

If you are planning to use Create Mix function only in Auto or Radio mode, you can set Analysis Mode to Fast or Normal. In that case Folder scan will not analyze songs and Folder Scan process will run much faster.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
MFSuspect Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 4:25:20 PM(UTC)
MFSuspect

Thank you for reply,

Running in background... OK. Do you make it disappear by default because you know it takes the Validation process such an extensive amount of time to do its work?

Validation for each track takes significant time -- i am very judicious about proper tagging and folder structures; could it maybe be that i have many rare albums and it's trying to access some database that is populated by more commercial music releases? I currently have 54k songs left for Muze to Validate and there is NO WAY that i have that many tracks improperly tagged. Literally, i'd be surprised if that number exceeded 500.

Likely not going to "Create Mix".

Fist time i did scan i used the Normal mode, then i tried again in Fast; this time i chose to run in Full mode thinking i was missing something.... roughly the same number of tracks in the Validation cue for each run. I don't get it... does the track info (or, for pete's sake, not the whole TRACK?!?) get sent to YOU or some 3rd party database for validation? If that's the case, please instruct me on how to make it stop and just focus on helping me see the 20k+ missing tracks.
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 4:56:23 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Muzecast has analysis records for a lot of songs (millions), but sometimes songs might be tagged differently, let's say with some [ (, or other symbols or have slightly different duration to what Muzecast has in database. If you have rare albums, Muzecast might not have information on these songs yet.

Fast mode will not perform any analysis and just scan to build library.
Normal mode will retrieve analysis data based on exact match of tags, such as Artist, Album, Title, Gender, Track number, duration, and Year.
Full mode will perform analysis retrieval based on tags, and those songs which Muze did not find by tags will be scanned. That scan is longer process, but once it is done it will remember your analysis data by exact tags for each song.

Could find out, which songs were missing? At least one or two songs? Could you see if these songs are not corrupted or located in the long path (over 260 characters in path),
Also, could you check if Muzecast can support these songs. I mean that they are not WMA with DRM licensing. Muzecast cannot process DRM protected songs.

In upcoming release of Muzecast Streaming server, I will make Normal mode less strict on tagging and will search by lesser tag info, let's say by Artist, Album and Title only with duration mismatch +/- 10 seconds.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
MFSuspect Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 2:09:59 AM(UTC)
MFSuspect

Most of my music is not so rare that i should be missing as many as i do -- my tags are spot on 99% of the time, and i never trim/edit any track in my main stax so the timings should jive with any other source.

Missing tracks -- i'll try to find some examples; would be very easy if i could view my Muze database or see a folder tree to compare against my actual stax.

What is the Validation process actually do for me -- my music is tagged, has cover art and usually even a review of the record in the "comments" tag -- is it solely for the purpose of the "Create Mix" function?

My file type by rank; MP3 (85%), flac (15%), and a few ogg & ape.
MFSuspect Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 19, 2017 3:06:14 AM(UTC)
MFSuspect

Whoops - obviously, i can view folder tree on my tethered Muze app... nothing stands out yet.

I just used a path length checkeing utility and had 5 tracks over 256 characters.
MFSuspect Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:32:14 AM(UTC)
MFSuspect

Still not showing my complete library