MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

gary191265 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:18:12 AM(UTC)
gary191265

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Streaming from my PC to my HiFi is still very temperamental. It will just randomly stop streaming (while remaining connected) or won't connect at all, or will stream but hang a free seconds before the end of a song and not continue until I disconnect/reconnect.

Seems to happen more with lossless files than mp3 but that's not always the case.

Spotify and Google music work fine, as does Plex (but I much prefer Muzecast to Plex!)

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:54:02 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
I noticed random stops close to the end of the song as well, mostly, if not only, for FLAC files. I am looking at this issue.

You mentioned that Flex or Google Music does not have these issues, but are you sure they are streaming FLAC files to Chromecast?

That issue has something to do with latest updates to Chromecast. Once I found the root cause of the problem, I will post a fix.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gary191265 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:55:27 PM(UTC)
gary191265

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

Plex is streaming FLAC files, Google Music isn't.

I hadn't even noticed that Chromecast Audio had even had any updates (they obviously weren't user-functionality updates!)

Every lossless file I play is having to convert on the fly from Apple Lossless (.m4a) to Flac, could this be an issue?

Regards,

Gary

Edited by user Wednesday, November 15, 2017 11:57:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Converting ALAC to FLAC should not be an issue.

I think it has something to do with power management. I noticed that when phone is plugged in in charger, there is no issues with Chromecast, but when I unplug it and screen is off, playback stops at the end of 3rd to 6th songs after screen was off. I am playing with power settings now and see why PowerLock is not granted to Muzecast. Also I will stry to change streaming to Muzecast from Phone to directly from computer. In that case it should not depend on power of the phone.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:20:42 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Currently I am testing streaming to Chromecast directly from computer. That will allow to have separate settings for Chromecast streaming quality.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
gary191265 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 12:24:06 AM(UTC)
gary191265

That would be brilliant and more in line with how other applications use Chromecast. Thank you :)
gary191265 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 20, 2017 12:26:35 AM(UTC)
gary191265

Originally Posted by: Muzecast Support Go to Quoted Post
Converting ALAC to FLAC should not be an issue.

I think it has something to do with power management. I noticed that when phone is plugged in in charger, there is no issues with Chromecast, but when I unplug it and screen is off, playback stops at the end of 3rd to 6th songs after screen was off. I am playing with power settings now and see why PowerLock is not granted to Muzecast. Also I will stry to change streaming to Muzecast from Phone to directly from computer. In that case it should not depend on power of the phone.

I'd noticed the power thing but couldn't quite work out in what order, or under what circumstances it occurred.