MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

schwim Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 3:46:42 AM(UTC)
schwim

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I opened up Muzecast this morning to load a playlist and found that the 30 or so songs had been removed leaving only a single song. Is there any way to retrieve an older version of the playlist?

Thanks for your time!
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 6:02:35 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 128 post(s)
What is playlist name? Is it "drums"?

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
schwim Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 2:32:51 AM(UTC)
schwim

That's the one. I found 15 of the songs under "recently played" which was some of them but when I tried to load the first song in the list Muzecast crashed and then the list wasn't there any more once I started the app again.

I manually added 4 or 5 of the songs at that point to the playlist but I'd love to get the original version back if possible. I can't recall all the songs unfortunately :(
schwim Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:54:27 AM(UTC)
schwim

Originally Posted by: Muzecast Support Go to Quoted Post
What is playlist name? Is it "drums"?

Hi there, any chance I can get an older version of this playlist back? Just the one with the most songs in it?

Thanks for your time!
Muzecast Support Online
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:14:47 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 128 post(s)
Each user's metadata is stored in separate database file. There is an online (active) storage for recent user's databases, which stores files which were changed since Jan 1 2017. If user's database was not changed since Jan 1st 2017, it moved to a backup storage. Backup storage was a separate server with redundant disks to prevent accidental lose of data. What happened that backup storage crashed with several disks burning out due to a cooling fan failure. Disks overheated. Due to this crash old user's databases were lost. What happened to your metadata that it was on that backup server, moved from active server. Last time you ran Folder Scan re-generated your database, but all track ids were regenerated and do not match what was there before. Even though playlist contains track ids, which were there before, they do not match track ids, which were generated when your database was re-created. Unfortunately that makes it impossible to restore that playlist.
Since then I added redundant second backup server, where backup data is stored on multiple servers to avoid this situation again.

I apologize for an inconvenience.

Playlists are synced to your computer. If you had playlist folder configured to another location in the past and can find that playlist file on your computer, you can recreate it by matching song's file path.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 10, 2017 4:17:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
schwim Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:27:42 AM(UTC)
schwim

I checked in the app folder and my playlists reflect the latest version in which I tried to rebuild the playlist, so it looks like I'm out of luck, which is really heartbreaking. I'm sure I'll never remember which of 15 thousand songs in my library were on it.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond about it.