MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

joshxdr Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 12:51:35 PM(UTC)
joshxdr

Groups: Registered

In the "network" tab of the HomeDJ Configurator, there is a note that recommends turning off UAC. This is a very bad thing to recommend to your customers. Most security experts recommend keeping UAC on. Lately the internet has become more dangerous than it was in the past. Download sites like download.com and others depend on spyware and adware for revenue. Turning off UAC makes infection of your PC even more likely.

I have been running HomeDJ with UAC turned on, and I have not noticed any problems. I always need to click the "click to start HomeDJ in services" link on the library status tab of the HomeDJ configuration tool. This is not that big a deal since I only need to do it when I reboot my PC, which is very rare.

I suspect that there are ways to enable all of the features in HomeDJ through software improvements without resorting to the disabling of important security features.
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 9, 2014 3:47:03 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
You are correct. This is leftovers which I have to remove, because now it is not required. I will remove this message in the next HomeDJ Desktop Server release.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.