MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

branches78 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 7:21:52 AM(UTC)
branches78

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
"Songs to preload on WiFi network" and "Songs to preload on Mobile network" have the following options:

1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 50, 75, 100.

They are bypassed by the new "Limit Cache" option when it's ON, so only two songs will be downloaded regardless of the option selected in the above list.

What happen is, today's smartphones come with large internal storage space in the range of 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and even 256GB.

My phone for example has 64GB of internal storage but only 52GB of space is available for the user and I would like to use that space to download more songs but with a limitation which I'm going to explain below:

- When the "Limit Cache" option is ON, instead of downloading only two songs, it should download the number of songs according to the option selected in the "Songs to preload" menus and once it reaches the limit, it should delete a song already played to allow space for the next one, as it currently does with the two songs limitation.

- When the "Limit Cache" is OFF, it should download the number of songs according to the option selected in the "Songs to preload" menus, BUT it won't delete the songs already downloaded, instead, it will continue downloading the same number of songs everytime it reaches the limit, as it currently does.

Selecting the "1" option would be equal to how it currently works when "Limit Cache" option is ON, but in my case, I would use the "20" option in "Songs to preload on WiFi network" and the "5" option in "Songs to preload on Mobile network".

The day I buy a new phone with 128GB or more of storage space or a 128GB microSD, I will simply turn OFF the "Limit Cache" option because I will have enough space for all my music.

Thank you.

Edited by user Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:00:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: The ultimate edition.

Sponsor