MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

ixsetf Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 9:06:45 AM(UTC)
ixsetf

Groups: Registered

As of this morning I've noticed an issue on the free version of the software where uncached songs in my library do not play, displaying a 'Not Found' message on screen and moving to the next track. I have tested around 50 songs by multiple artists and none of them have played, with the exception those songs still in my cache. I have tried closing and reopening the app, updating the server version(was 7.3.2 initially, persists on 7.3.3), and re-scanning my music folder. I checked the error log and found the following:

Code:

2018-03-05 13:37:37 PM ERROR : End called for exit with code: 0
2018-03-05 13:37:40 PM ERROR : Scan File Monitor called for exit with code: 0
2018-03-05 13:40:31 PM ERROR : End called for exit with code: 0

I do not have sufficient knowledge of the software to determine any useful information from these codes. Similar codes have appeared on a few occasions back to mid February but this problem can not have started more than a few days ago as I recall playing uncached tracks within this past week. I am currently running Android 8.0.0 through OxygenOS. I also had a problem a few days ago where the connection dropped out for about 20 minutes, there may have been a larger interruption as I did not try to use the software previously that day. Please let me know if there are any steps I can take to restore playback functionality to the software.
Sponsor
jnm1961 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2018 8:10:18 PM(UTC)
jnm1961

Originally Posted by: ixsetf Go to Quoted Post
As of this morning I've noticed an issue on the free version of the software where uncached songs in my library do not play, displaying a 'Not Found' message on screen and moving to the next track. I have tested around 50 songs by multiple artists and none of them have played, with the exception those songs still in my cache. I have tried closing and reopening the app, updating the server version(was 7.3.2 initially, persists on 7.3.3), and re-scanning my music folder. I checked the error log and found the following:

Code:

I do not have sufficient knowledge of the software to determine any useful information from these codes. Similar codes have appeared on a few occasions back to mid February but this problem can not have started more than a few days ago as I recall playing uncached tracks within this past week. I am currently running Android 8.0.0 through OxygenOS. I also had a problem a few days ago where the connection dropped out for about 20 minutes, there may have been a larger interruption as I did not try to use the software previously that day. Please let me know if there are any steps I can take to restore playback functionality to the software.

I am having the same exact problem.Noticed it yesterday morning but have not used the service for a few days prior.Am using the most current app and sever.Muzecast has worked flawlessly for me for years now untill about yesterday!Any help would be appreciated,preferably thru email.
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:48:24 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Looking into it...
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:01:10 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Originally Posted by: ixsetf Go to Quoted Post

Code:

I have tested at least one stream, which was reported as Not Found and it is returned a success. Please let me know if you still experiencing the same issue.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
ixsetf Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 2:33:11 PM(UTC)
ixsetf

Originally Posted by: Muzecast Support Go to Quoted Post
I have tested at least one stream, which was reported as Not Found and it is returned a success. Please let me know if you still experiencing the same issue.

The issue has appeared to have resolved. I have successfully loaded uncached tracks through both wifi and the mobile network. I first did this around 8 hours ago, however at that time there were some unusual delays in song loading associated with an alternatingly blue and green server status icon. This issue is no longer occuring.
jnm1961 Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:13:00 PM(UTC)
jnm1961

I am still having the same problem, my muzecast server seems to not completeing the scan, It still shows all 0's in my library status and all 0's in analyzer status and all None in scan issues, my database shows 32774 total songs. When i am using the app and choose an album to play it keeps saying File not found. Please help, have tried uninstalling both the home server and the Android app.
Muzecast Support Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:29:33 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Try one of the solutions:

1. Open Command Prompt;
2. Change folder to where your Muzecast installed (for example if installed on C:\Muzecast, type CD \Muzecast
3. Type command: Vorlan.HomeDJ.dbsave full
4. Wait until that program completes to update your database.

If this still does not help you can try another approach to fix database records:
1. There is a folder called: Libraries under the folder where Muzecast is installed;
2. Delete "Libraries" folder;
3. Start Folder scan and let it re-create your internal database, which is stored in Libraries folder.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
jnm1961 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:01:33 PM(UTC)
jnm1961

Neither method worked

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jeff>cd\muzecast

C:\Muzecast>vorlan.homedj.dbsave full
LibscanLogger:LogInfo->Database save started
Proxy:Initialize->Proxy initialization started. Url: , Mode: 1, User:
Proxy:Initialize->Trying to find System proxy because there are no uri
Proxy was resolved? True
Using default user credentials
Proxy was reset? http://www.google.com/=http://www.google.com/. IsLocal? False
Proxy:Initialize->NO PROXY SET
LibscanLogger:LogInfo->DbSave did not detect any changes for full update. Existing...
LibscanLogger:LogInfo->Database save ended

C:\Muzecast>
C:\Muzecast>
jnm1961 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:30:31 PM(UTC)
jnm1961

I believe my Firewall was stopping scanner from working, it seems to be scanning now that i have allowed adlib thru firewall, I guess we'll see if it works lol
Muzecast Support Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 2:04:46 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Have you tried to remove folder called: "Libraries" under the folder where Muzecast is installed and restart folder scan?
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
jnm1961 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 4:20:07 AM(UTC)
jnm1961

yes i removed the library file and scanned, and it did the same thing, some how I was able to reset everything to 0 including my database,and i clicked on the libscan.exe file and it scanned and updated my library but the android app still kept saying file not found. I opened up the configurator and scanned my library, but it said cleaning, and went back to all 0's again except for my database,and app still says file not found when trying to play songs
Muzecast Support Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 4:38:27 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

I see errors in error log where access to your D drive files is denied for Muzecast.

Make sure that folder and sub folders, including files where you pointed out Muzecast to play music from has permissions granted for build in SYSTEM user at least to read.

Muzecast complains that it cannot read from D:\Music.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
ixsetf Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:29:29 AM(UTC)
ixsetf

This issue has recurred for me. I will try the methods listed in the above posts and provide updates when I have finished.

I have tried the methods listed above and similarly failed, I also have songs stored to D:/music, this has not caused issues in the past, so I imagine that there must have been something in a recent version update or windows update that caused muzecast to become unable to access the files.

EDIT: I seem to have resolved this by installing version 7.3.0 of the server software.

Edited by user Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:06:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified