MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

NanaMuzik Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 1:59:03 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

Groups: Registered

I have a paid account and am unable to get the server running. When I open the configuration utility, I get a pop up telling me a new version is available.

The Version 7.0.1 pop up from the Configuration Utility takes me to: http://www.muzecast.com/Download.aspx

When I Click to download EXE for Windows 7 and up, Server 2008 and up (from) http://api.muzecast.com/client/download/e

I get this response.
{"Message":"Requested file not found."}

How can I get the update? How can I get the server to load?

The OS on my desktop computer where I want to run the server from is the Latest (and updated version of) Windows 10.

I want this to work. I have paid for this because I wanted to support this app, but expect in return for it to work. If the update is a failure, at least allow the app/server to run without the need to update it.

Please, please fix this.

Thank you in advance
Sponsor
NanaMuzik Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:44:24 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

I have been able to download and install version 7.0.1 BUT now the server will not run. Trying to scan folders produces a timeout popup.

This is turning into an epic fail and I find it very frustrating.
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:13:49 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
You probably hit server maintenance window, which took a little longer that was planned. That caused problems with downloading an update and some connectivity. Servers are operational now and it looks like from our logs that your Muzecast Streaming Server is connected. Please let me know if there are any other issues.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
NanaMuzik Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, May 19, 2017 1:59:39 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

Thank you, it is now running and connected after multiple reboots of my computer. I did not see 'server maintenance' during any of my attempts to download, install or connect. If I accidentally hit it, it is very obscure and should be made more visible to us.

Again, thank you
NanaMuzik Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 2:55:02 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

The server is not running, yet again. How on earth do I kick start it and make it run?

I am getting more and more frustrated that I need to keep coming here to complain about it.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong. All I have done is to Open the Configuration Utility when I notice it is not running from my taskbar tray and click the Start Service link.

There must be something other than clicking the Start Service link that apparently does nothing that I can do. There must be something that will keep this from NOT starting the server automatically. AND, no, I have NOT changed any of the options from any of the prior installations & upgrades. I have even rebooted my Windows 10 computer (with the latest updates) several times hoping that the Server would start running.

HELP, HELP, HELP
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 3:15:25 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Muzecast Server starts by Windows Services. Could you check if Muzecast Windows Service is running:
You can go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services. Check Muzecast Service start up mode and if it is running. If it is not running Event Log from the same Administrative tools might tell you why it was stopped. If some external application kills/stops Muzecast Service, it could be recorded in Event Log.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 3:21:48 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Also after reboot Muzecast Service starts (delayed) and can be started within 2 minutes after Windows reboots.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
NanaMuzik Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 6:07:06 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

Found in Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services that:
Muzecast was set to Automatic but it was NOT running. I right-clicked it and Started it and it is nowrunning.

As far as waiting 2 minutes after reboot, I Hve waited longer than after multiple reboots.
I checked the Event logs and could NOT recognize what would be causing Muzecast to NOT 'obey' the Automatic setting I have it configured to.
Muzecast Support Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 7:52:34 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Was it set to Automatic (Delayed) or Just Automatic? If just Automatic, could you change it for Automatic (Delayed) in Services?
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
Muzecast Support Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 20, 2017 3:48:06 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

You can also force Muzecast Service to restart by calling this command from command prompt. ( I will also add this command to installation process)

1. Open Command Prompt in Administrative privileges;
2. type command below:

sc failure "Muzecast Service" reset=0 actions=restart/60000

This command will set Muzecast Service to restart in case of failure to start during boot.

"sc" is a standard Windows command to set parameters of the service and other tasks.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
NanaMuzik Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:18:12 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

I changed it for Automatic (Delayed) in Services, rebooted and it connected. Why did I need to change this? And, what would have changed this, if this the option that it was supposed to be? I did not do it.

Hopefully, this fixes it, especially since I am now going install version 7.0.2
Muzecast Support Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 3:53:19 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

When Windows boots it starts Services which are set to start Automatically. Muzecast Service might fail to start, because Windows did not load all required services for Muzecast to run at during the boot time, that is why it was set to start Delayed.

Latest version of Muzecast install (7.0.2) sets Muzecast Service to start Automatically without delay, but it also sets to retry to start in case if start fails. That will speed up Muzecast Service start.

Please let me know if this issue does not exists for you once you install version 7.0.2.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
NanaMuzik Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:11:33 AM(UTC)
NanaMuzik

After installing 7.0.2 I had to reboot 2x in order to get Windows 10, itself to load. However, on the 2nd reboot that allowed me to enter Windows, the Muzecast Server did load, so it seems to be working okay.
Muzecast Support Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:19:56 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

If your system disk is not SSD, I would recommend to defrag it. It might speed up Windows boot a little.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:12:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.