MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

MarkBias Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 26, 2016 5:12:12 AM(UTC)
MarkBias

Groups: Registered

After ripping CD tracks in albums with the track name in the file name, the tracks are shown in alphabetical order. So, if I choose to play the entire album, they are not being played in the intended order. If I choose to play the entire album from the Folder view, they're still being played in alphabetical order. How do I get an album to play in the intended track order. Specifically, how do I get Muzecast to recognize the track number in the filename?
Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 1:15:15 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
I will take a look at parsing file name to recognize track number if TAG information is missing. Will be available in the next release of Muzecast Streaming Server.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
MarkBias Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 2:56:26 AM(UTC)
MarkBias

After further research, I should clarify the issue I'm having. CD's I ripped without tag information are playing in the correct album order as I included the track number at the beginning of the filename when they were ripped, so Muzecast only has the filename to go by.

CD's that have been ripped and include imported tag information are the ones playing in alphabetical order. It seems Muzecast is giving the song title priority over the track number when the album is played, thus the album is playing in alphabetical order.

Apart from this single issue, as nit picky as it is, I'm absolutely loving this product! The ability to stream wav files without any noticeable compression has been a dream come true. Thanks!
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 3:18:21 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
If you start playback of an album from a Folder View, there is a Sort Icon where you can sort it by Track Number. Default sort for items in Folder view is by Folder/File name. Once you change sort order, you can hit play to play songs in order of Track Number.

Play function from Album view always sort by Track number and then by file name. So if there is no Track Number value in the Tag, playback of an Album will start with order by Song Title.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
 1 user thanked Muzecast Support for this useful post.
MarkBias on 6/27/2016(UTC)
MarkBias Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 4:15:45 AM(UTC)
MarkBias

Originally Posted by: Muzecast Support Go to Quoted Post
If you start playback of an album from a Folder View, there is a Sort Icon where you can sort it by Track Number. Default sort for items in Folder view is by Folder/File name. Once you change sort order, you can hit play to play songs in order of Track Number.

Play function from Album view always sort by Track number and then by file name. So if there is no Track Number value in the Tag, playback of an Album will start with order by Song Title.

Thank You! It looks like I need to investigate the tag information for the tracks in my albums. I did find the sort by track number in the file folder view, but when I pressed play it played alphabetically. Again, it sounds like my problem is on my end. Thanks, again!
MarkBias Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2016 1:17:37 AM(UTC)
MarkBias

I've determined my problem was an issue on my end. I had used Roxio Sound Editor to rip some discs. Somehow, it managed to tag my wav files with the track title (minus the track number). Apparently, Muzecast was giving preference to the tagged track title, which is why the album was listed alphabetically.

So, I deleted those files and ripped the CD's using pyro Audio Creator, instructing it to also include the track number at the beginning of the filename. It would appear this program did not tag the files with track name, so Muzecast is recognizing the filenames in order.

Lesson learned: Be wary of ripping tools that tag wav files. Thank you, again, for your help.