MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

danik56 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:54:09 PM(UTC)
danik56

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have just installed the server software and defined a music folder with nearly 40000 tracks.
On the mobile device I have the PRO version and it connects and plays just fine.
The server is still showing "Folder Scan in progress" nearly 24 hours after it started to scan, and the analyzing replaygain is at 55% now.
is this normal for an install with this number of tracks ? how often will the server re-scan the entire folder?

Thanks

Edited by user Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:54:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:57:42 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Folder scan time depends on Analysis mode selected in Music Folders Tab.
Fast - Only scans files to build library and retrieves song Analysis based on song metadata;
Normal - Scans files to build library, retrieves Analysis based on tags, and analyses songs, for which analysis was not found by tags;
Full - Scans files to build library, analyses each song. - slowest, but better for mix creation.

ReplayGain analyses each song for peek volume and ReplayGain tag is missing.

Muzecast analysis might take long time for modes: Normal and Full, but only at first scan. When you add new songs, it will scan only new songs.

If you are planning to use Mix mode only in "Radio Mode", you can select scan mode "Fast".
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
danik56 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:19:14 PM(UTC)
danik56

Originally Posted by: Muzecast Support Go to Quoted Post
Folder scan time depends on Analysis mode selected in Music Folders Tab.
Fast - Only scans files to build library and retrieves song Analysis based on song metadata;
Normal - Scans files to build library, retrieves Analysis based on tags, and analyses songs, for which analysis was not found by tags;
Full - Scans files to build library, analyses each song. - slowest, but better for mix creation.

ReplayGain analyses each song for peek volume and ReplayGain tag is missing.

Muzecast analysis might take long time for modes: Normal and Full, but only at first scan. When you add new songs, it will scan only new songs.

If you are planning to use Mix mode only in "Radio Mode", you can select scan mode "Fast".

If I enable Folder Monitoring would new tracks be detected and added automatically to the library ?
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:30:53 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

If Folder monitoring is enabled, new tracks will be detected and it will start folder scan, which will add new tracks to Muzecast Library.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
danik56 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 9:31:41 PM(UTC)
danik56

If Folder monitoring is enabled, new tracks will be detected and it will start folder scan, which will add new tracks to Muzecast Library.

Is the folder monitoring running constantly or based on some interval? does it scan the entire Music folder looking for changes ? is that going to impact other processes running on the PC ?
Muzecast Support Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:01:32 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

Folder monitoring is based on Windows events when file is added, changed, or deleted. Muzecast just waits for this event.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
danik56 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:25:34 AM(UTC)
danik56

Folder monitoring is based on Windows events when file is added, changed, or deleted. Muzecast just waits for this event.

Would Folder Monitoring detect changes on Network folders ?
MFSuspect Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:03:37 AM(UTC)
MFSuspect

I have a 100k song database that is causing problems as well -- initial scan required at least a dozen router reboots -- now it's analyzing tracks -- over 48 hours in and i'm at 3% complete.

Mentioned above are details regarding analysis type; helpful, but unsure it this will cause the entire process to start from beginning. Most all my files are properly tagged, so why do i have 56k tracks left to be analyzed? I have given high priority to all muzecast processes in the Windows Task Manager, and a PC with only a 2-core chip, but i can dedicate 100% of this PCs resources to the Analyzing process to expedite the process -- do your "threads" equate to my number of CPU cores?

Also, will updating to new version 7.1.1 cause the process to start again from "zero".
Muzecast Support Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:47:16 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

United States

You need to enable song analysis during scan only if you plan to use Mix Creation by Analysis (Mix Style setting from 0 to 5). For Auto and Radio modes of Mix Settings you do not need Analysis.

You can disable analysis completely in new version of Muzecast Streaming Server 7.1.1. To disable it, select Scan mode: Fast or Normal.

Fast mode will not perform any analysis and only scan songs for their metadata.
Normal mode will perform Analysis based on Tag info and will not take as much time as Full analysis.

After upgrading to 7.1.1, folder scan will start from scanning songs, but whatever was already analyzed, will not be analyzed anymore.
Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
MFSuspect Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 5:08:24 AM(UTC)
MFSuspect

Never used this software before so i don't know if i want Mix Creation or not -- will update and reply later - THX