MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

ballfam Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 9:16:01 AM(UTC)
ballfam

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I like the way nix functionality is improving; the decade limitation is nice, but it still doesn't feel quite like a true radio station or "mix tape".

Recently I worked out what is missing; most radio stations bias heavily towards tracks released as "singles" (if there is such a thing nowadays). Because I have almost exclusively full albums from single artists in my collection (I would expect most people do), what happens in a mix is that the majority of tracks it plays are obscure album tracks that were never released as a single. Sometimes, what I really want is some familiar stuff. It would be nice if I could control the ratio of "singles" in the mix. So, if I want a really "pop-like" mix, I'll bias heavily towards singles, if I want some more different stuff, I'll ask for a higher percentage of non-single tracks.

In order to achieve this, the server would need to know what are singles and what are not, and, of course, it might be different for different countries; but I would be completely happy if a single was defined as anything released as a single anywhere in the world.

I have no idea, however, whether this stuff is even stored in any of the internet music databases, and even if it is, if Muzacast can get to it, but it would be a really nice feature.

Thanks for the work so far guys, keep up the good work.
Sponsor