MUZECAST FORUM

Notification

Icon
Error

mamodrafik Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:18:32 AM(UTC)
mamodrafik

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I have a PC running HomeDJ and a huge collection of 85 000 tracks.
It takes days and days to analyse gain and musicIp fingerprinting. It 's better to say it takes weeks and weeks to scan the whole library.

Two questions :

* is there any way to accelerate the whole process ?
* will I have to analyse again the whole collection if I move the collection (not the software) to another location , to a NAS for instance ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and cheers for your streaming app.

Sponsor
Muzecast Support Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:18:46 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Hello.

I am working on implementing better music fingerprinting algorithm, which will reduce song recognition time.

Once your library is scanned and if you move it to another location, it will recognize your songs faster, because fingerprints already recorded for your songs and all analysis data will be restored from fingerprint.

If your computer has multicore CPU (4 or more) you can select more threads to perform analysis in Muzecast Configurator "Music Folders" tab to improve scanning performance.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.
mamodrafik Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 6:39:40 AM(UTC)
mamodrafik

Groups: Registered

OK.
Does it mean that you store fingerPrinting info into the track, via metadata ?
If so I have another question : most of the tracks in this collection have been analysed by musicIp plugin for Winamp. How can I use these informations in HomeDJ ? or are these informations lost ?
Muzecast Support Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 7:20:01 AM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 140 post(s)
MusicIP had an option to store analysis data in tags. But this is optional and had to be turned on in MusicIP settings. If it was off, then this information is lost. If this option was ON, Muzecast is using this information and does not analyses this file again, saving a lot of time in scanning.

Muzecast does not store information it tags, instead if creates it's own fingerprint and check central database if this fingerprint already exists. If it doe, it is using analysis data based on that fingerprint. So if you move your music file somewhere else and try to analyse it again, Muzecast will create fingerprint for that file (takes about 1 second) and checks this fingerprint against central database. Fingerprint for the same file is always the same no matter where it is located.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.