Notification

Icon
Error

Fenhalls Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 11:13:39 PM(UTC)
Fenhalls

Groups: Registered

The essential nature of the program (that of streaming) is fine, but I find various other aspects quite problematic:

1) I normally search by "album artist". Unfortunately the "artists" in your library include both "album artists" and all other "artists." As a result I have 1,904 artists in my library and find it impossible to search for what I want. The same is true of trying to search under "genre" where you include "album artists" and "artists". I need at least an option to search only by "album artist" and then ideally when the music is playing on the now playing screen an indication of the artist (as opposed to album artist) associated with the track. This kind of thing is particularly important with classical music where typically the album artist is the composer and the artist is the performer.

Yes, I can search using the folders but that is far from a perfect solution for all kinds of reasons.

2) I would like to see an option whereby we can see "artists", "albums" and genres in list view, like "songs", as well as grid view. For me, at any rate, in the list view art is unnecessary and I would prefer it without because I'd actually get to see more information.

3) It would be nice if we could see the title of the track scroll on the now playing screen.

4) It would be convenient if we could delete downloaded albums individually from within the app.

5) Not really a feature request, but when downloading the artwork often doesn't transfer properly and you have to play the album to complete the art transfer.

6) I'd like to see whether a track is playing in MP3 CBR or VBR.

Incidentally, my ideal music player on Android is "Rocket Player". I find that the slickest and easiest player to use. I'd pay a lot for the app that could combine the best of Muzecast and Rocket Player.
Sponsor
nixius Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:53:14 PM(UTC)
nixius

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I agree with a lot of these points, especially differentiating between artist and album artist.
Muzecast Support Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:55:42 PM(UTC)
Muzecast Support

Groups: Registered, Administrators
United States

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fenhalls Go to Quoted Post
The essential nature of the program (that of streaming) is fine, but I find various other aspects quite problematic:

1) I normally search by "album artist". Unfortunately the "artists" in your library include both "album artists" and all other "artists." As a result I have 1,904 artists in my library and find it impossible to search for what I want. The same is true of trying to search under "genre" where you include "album artists" and "artists". I need at least an option to search only by "album artist" and then ideally when the music is playing on the now playing screen an indication of the artist (as opposed to album artist) associated with the track. This kind of thing is particularly important with classical music where typically the album artist is the composer and the artist is the performer.

Yes, I can search using the folders but that is far from a perfect solution for all kinds of reasons.

2) I would like to see an option whereby we can see "artists", "albums" and genres in list view, like "songs", as well as grid view. For me, at any rate, in the list view art is unnecessary and I would prefer it without because I'd actually get to see more information.

3) It would be nice if we could see the title of the track scroll on the now playing screen.

4) It would be convenient if we could delete downloaded albums individually from within the app.

5) Not really a feature request, but when downloading the artwork often doesn't transfer properly and you have to play the album to complete the art transfer.

6) I'd like to see whether a track is playing in MP3 CBR or VBR.

Incidentally, my ideal music player on Android is "Rocket Player". I find that the slickest and easiest player to use. I'd pay a lot for the app that could combine the best of Muzecast and Rocket Player.

1 - Artist Screen has icon in the titlebar next to tri-dot. That icon flips Artist view between All Artists or Album Artists;
2 - In Muzecast settings you can change how Artist, Album and Playlist views are displayed. You can change to display 1 column view and will display the same as Folder or Genre View - as List View;
3 - Scrolling Song title - that request in the implementation queue and will be implemented in a very near future;
4 - Same as 3, but if you change to Offline mode, you can delete cached songs in the Songs View;
5 - There were already some fixes posted. Let me know if you still experiencing this problem;
6 - In the player screen, if you expand left drawer, you can see an option for "Configure this Screen". Once Screen Settings are displayed on the right, there is a check box: Show Statusbar. It will show status bar on the bottom of the player screen, which you can expand by sliding from the bottom. It will display the current streaming quality and algorithm.

Thank you.

Muzecast Support.